Working for Samaritans
Samaritans is a unique charity that provides support to people who are struggling to cope. From humble beginnings with just one phone line over 60 years ago, Samaritans volunteers now respond to a request for help - by phone, email, SMS or face to face - every six seconds.
To make sure we can be there for everyone who needs us, in the right way for them, we have to constantly innovate and respond to the changing needs of our callers, and those people who provide our life-changing service. To help us do that, Samaritans is embarking on a really exciting period in our history. Through a brand new programme of work we'll be looking at how we make volunteering even more rewarding, how we use technology to deliver our service and how we learn and develop to make sure Samaritans remains relevant, accessible, available and affordable for everyone. All so we can deliver a better service to our callers and reduce suicide.
As part of these plans we have a number of exciting new vacancies. If you've got the skills, we've got a role where you will literally be changing lives by helping Samaritans be there for everyone who is struggling to cope, now and in the future.
If you're interested, please take a look at the opportunities below and send us an application. We'd love to hear from you.
Current Paid Vacancies
- Project Manager – Samaritans/Rail Partnership
- Head of Internal Communications
- Project Lead – Prison Support, Scotland (FTC)
- Marketing & Communications Manager (Fundraising)
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Project Manager
What we offer our staff
As an employer we offer a range of benefits to our staff:
- 25 days holiday
- 3 well-being days
- health cash-plan
- pension scheme
- interest-free season ticket loan
- flexi-time policy
- Free car parking spaces are available for a limited number of cars with street parking also available close by
Central London Samaritans
There are no current vacancies at Central London Samaritans.
What's it like to work for Samaritans?
Find out first hand what it's like to work for Samaritans.
Looking for a volunteer role?
- Samaritans Trustees (Central Charity, Scotland, Ireland)
- Safeguarding officer - Ireland
- Lead Safeguarding officer - Ireland
- Samaritans Scotland Board Member
- Volunteer Wellbeing in the City Administrator
- Samaritans Cymru Board Member
If you would like to volunteer for Samaritans, find out more information.