Find out what it's like to work at Samaritans and take a look at our list of job vacancies.
Working for Samaritans
Samaritans is a unique charity that provides support to people who are struggling to cope. From humble beginnings with just one phone line over 60 years ago, Samaritans volunteers now respond to a request for help – by phone, email, SMS or face to face – every seven seconds.
To make sure we can be there for everyone who needs us, in the right way for them, we have to constantly innovate and respond to the changing needs of our callers, and those people who provide our life-changing service. To help us do that, Samaritans is embarking on a really exciting period in our history. Through a brand new programme of work we'll be looking at how we make volunteering even more rewarding, how we use technology to deliver our service and how we learn and develop to make sure Samaritans remains relevant, accessible, available and affordable for everyone. All so we can deliver a better service to our callers and reduce suicide.
As part of these plans we have a number of exciting new vacancies. If you've got the skills, we've got a role where you will literally be changing lives by helping Samaritans be there for everyone who is struggling to cope, now and in the future.
If you're interested, please take a look at the opportunities below and send us an application. We'd love to hear from you.
Samaritans are looking for a Facilities Administrator to join the Property team, based in Ewell. Are you highly organised, customer orientated with previous administration experience? Apply here
Lived Experience Network Manager
We are delighted to have launched a network for people with lived experience of suicide and suicidal thoughts. We’re now looking for a passionate individual dedicated to amplifying the voices of people with lived experience to manage and grow this network. Apply Here
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ annual leave (25 days annual leave plus 3 wellbeing days)
- Pension Scheme with The People’s Pension (Samaritans matches employee contribution up to 5%)
- An inclusive company culture that promotes and encourages flexible working (including home-working, part-time and flexi-hours)
- Life Assurance (2 x salary)
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Mental Health First Aiders (provide peer to peer, confidential emotional support at work)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential helpline providing 24-hour, 7 day a week support)
- Health Cash Plan (employees can claim money back on their health and wellbeing costs including dental, optical and physiotherapy)
- Central Office, Ewell: Free car parking, shower/changing facilities and staff-ran exercise classes