We value our people and want them to be inspired, nurtured, developed and supported during their time with us. We know that only together can we make change that saves lives.
Our people policies and practices are tailored to individual needs and we promote & encourage flexible working
We work together to achieve our vision and drive a culture with wellbeing at the heart of everything we do
We have a culture of belonging, where everyone is appreciated for their unique self and unique contribution
Unpaid Opportunity - Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Specialist Panel.
We are looking to recruit a panel of individuals with varied inclusion specialisms, knowledge and skills to assist with delivering our two year EDI Foundation Plan, and beyond.
Specialisms to include (but not limited to)-
- Race/ ethnicity inclusion
- LGBT+ inclusion
- Socioeconomic inclusion
- Disability inclusion (including all forms of disability/ long term health conditions as defined in the Equality Act 2010)
- Faith inclusion
- Mental health
This panel will support staff and volunteers at national and local levels of Samaritans.
For more information about the role including how to apply, please email your interest to [email protected] before the 11th December.
*Please note, Samaritans doesn't have a sponsor licence, therefore none of our roles are available for sponsorship*
What our employees say about our culture
- "I am proud to work for Samaritans and to work with volunteers who make such a difference every day. It’s a very welcoming and friendly place to work” Angela, Volunteer Manager Engagement & Sustainability
- “Working at Samaritans gives me the unique opportunity to work alongside skilled and passionate people, for a cause I truly care about” Sam, Corporate Partnerships Manager
- “I enjoy the flexibility of working for Samaritans, I can juggle my home life with work, to achieve a great work life balance” Rosie, Fundraising Project Lead
Supporting our Staff with their own wellbeing
- Flexible working: We are leaders in our approach
- Family-friendly policies: We support you through all of life's stages
- Competitive salary with an annual salary review
- 28 days’ annual leave per annum (25 days annual leave plus 3 wellbeing days)
- Mental Health First Aiders with regular Virtual Mindful Meetups and Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health Cash Back scheme for medical and holistic health therapies
- Complimentary membership to Headspace and Perkbox
We aim to make our recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible and we know that by making small changes to the process, we can make a big difference to people’s experience. If you feel that an adjustment to the recruitment process will enable you to be your best, brilliant self, then just let us know what you need and we’ll do all we can to support you. Feel free to chat with our Recruitment team about your specific needs ([email protected]).
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Samaritans
Gender pay gap
Our recruitment process isn't designed to trip you up
How to set up and maximise your impact during a video interview with Samaritans
Our Candidate Privacy Notice