Find out what it's like to work at Samaritans and take a look at our list of job vacancies
What we're about
From humble beginnings with just one phone line over 60 years ago, Samaritans volunteers now respond to around 10,000 calls for help – by phone, email or face to face – every day.
To make sure we can be there for everyone who needs us, in the right way for them, we have to constantly innovate and respond to the changing needs of our callers, and those people who provide our life-changing service. To help us do that, Samaritans is embarking on a really exciting period in our history. Through a brand new programme of work we'll be looking at how we make volunteering even more rewarding, how we use technology to deliver our service and how we learn and develop to make sure Samaritans remains relevant, accessible, available and affordable for everyone. All so we can deliver a better service to our callers and reduce suicide.
As part of these plans we have a number of exciting new vacancies. If you've got the skills, we've got a role where you will literally be changing lives by helping Samaritans be there for everyone who is struggling to cope, now and in the future.
If you're interested, please take a look at the opportunities below and send us an application. We'd love to hear from you.
People Business Partner
We are looking for a People Business Partner to lead a small, talented team to provide a comprehensive people service at Samaritans. Find our more about our People Business Partner here.
Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (Social Change) – Project Support Apprentices
Our Project Support Apprentices will support key projects across our charity including our life-saving helpline service, innovative partnerships and impactful campaigns. Find out more about our Degree Apprenticeship roles here.
Direct Marketing Officer
We are looking for a Direct Marketing Officer to support our exciting new acquisition programme and be part of the launch of our lead conversion programme at Samaritans. Find out more about the Direct Marketing Officer role here.
Marketing Communication Officer
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Officer to join our Brand and Marketing team. You’ll help to manage our online brand and print center, provide marketing support to our local branches, and deliver brand training for our staff. Find out more about the Marketing Communication Officer here.
Volunteer Development Support Officer
We are looking for two Volunteering Development and Support Officers with experience managing volunteers. You’ll also be supporting with recruiting, engaging and managing volunteers across the Samaritans branches and regions. Find out more about the Volunteer Development Support Officer here.
As Honorary Treasurer, you shall lead the committee to ensure effective decision-making to best meet its aims. The committee provides strategic assistance to the Board in both ensuring Samaritans delivers high quality, safe and effective services, and in developing Samaritans’ services. Find out more about the Honorary Treasurer here.
Chair of the Service and Quality Committee
As Chair of the Service & Quality Committee, you shall lead the committee to ensure effective decision-making to best meet its aims. The committee provides strategic assistance to the Board in both ensuring Samaritans delivers high quality, safe and effective services, and in developing Samaritans’ services. Find out more about the Chair of the Service and Quality Committee here.
- Flexible working: We are leaders in our approach - work where you want, when you want, as long as it works for you, your team and the charity
- Trust & empowerment: Our core principles for promoting and encouraging flexible working (including remote working, part-time hours and flexi-hours)
- Inclusive culture: We are committed to becoming more inclusive and diverse in everything we do
- Highly engaged people: 1* Best Companies accreditation
- Learning & Development opportunities: Training to support your development and stretching project work to grow
- Family-friendly policies: We support you through all of life's stages
- Competitive salary with an annual salary review
- 28 days’ annual leave per annum (25 days annual leave plus 3 wellbeing days)
- Pension Scheme with The People’s Pension (Samaritans matches employee contribution up to 5%)
- Life Assurance (2 x salary)
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Mental Health First Aiders (provide peer to peer, confidential emotional support at work)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential helpline providing 24-hour, 7 day a week support)
- Health Cash Plan (employees can claim money back on their health and wellbeing costs including dental, optical and physiotherapy)
- Central Office, Ewell: Free car parking, shower/changing facilities and staff-ran exercise classes