Find out what it's like to work at Samaritans and take a look at our list of job vacancies.
Working for Samaritans
From humble beginnings with just one phone line over 60 years ago, Samaritans volunteers now respond to around 10,000 calls for help – by phone, email or face to face – every day.
To make sure we can be there for everyone who needs us, in the right way for them, we have to constantly innovate and respond to the changing needs of our callers, and those people who provide our life-changing service. To help us do that, Samaritans is embarking on a really exciting period in our history. Through a brand new programme of work we'll be looking at how we make volunteering even more rewarding, how we use technology to deliver our service and how we learn and develop to make sure Samaritans remains relevant, accessible, available and affordable for everyone. All so we can deliver a better service to our callers and reduce suicide.
As part of these plans we have a number of exciting new vacancies. If you've got the skills, we've got a role where you will literally be changing lives by helping Samaritans be there for everyone who is struggling to cope, now and in the future.
If you're interested, please take a look at the opportunities below and send us an application. We'd love to hear from you.
Volunteering Operations, Policy and Development Manager
We are looking for a Volunteering Operations, Policy and Development Manager to join Samaritans on a 12 month fixed term contract. Find out more about the Volunteering Development Manager role here.
Trustee: Chair of Policy, Partnerships & Research Committee (Voluntary Role)
We are looking for a Trustee who will bring exceptional skills and experience, combined with shared values. Read more about the Chair of the Policy, Partnerships & Research Committee here.
We are looking for a Statutory Fundraiser to join the High Value Fundraising team at Samaritans. Find out more about the Statutory Fundraiser role here.
We are looking for a talented Digital Designer with creative flair to join our busy in-house multi-disciplined Creative services team. Find out more about the Digital Designer role here.
Digital Project Manager - Online Harms
We are looking for an experienced Digital Project Manager to develop, test, and launch a brand new service for practitioners to equip them with the tools and knowledge they need to support young people who may be engaging with self-harm and suicide related content online. Find out more about the Digital Project Manager role here.
We are looking for an Acquisition Officer to support our exciting new acquisition programme and be part of the launch of the lead conversion programme. Find out more about the Acquisition Officer role here.
Corporate Account Manager
Our Account Managers maximise corporate income through managing high-value corporate partnerships and developing a new business pipeline. Find out more about the Corporate Account Manager role here
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ annual leave (25 days annual leave plus 3 wellbeing days)
- Pension Scheme with The People’s Pension (Samaritans matches employee contribution up to 5%)
- An inclusive company culture that promotes and encourages flexible working (including home-working, part-time and flexi-hours)
- Life Assurance (2 x salary)
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Mental Health First Aiders (provide peer to peer, confidential emotional support at work)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential helpline providing 24-hour, 7 day a week support)
- Health Cash Plan (employees can claim money back on their health and wellbeing costs including dental, optical and physiotherapy)
- Central Office, Ewell: Free car parking, shower/changing facilities and staff-ran exercise classes