171.1 kb - PDF
- Fair and competitive pay: We aim to ensure that we create a fair and transparent pay strategy.
- Matched pension contribution up to 5% of salary with The People’s Pension.
- A generous annual leave entitlement: 28 days inclusive of 3 wellbeing days. This increases by 2 days after completion of 3 full years, and a further 3 days after 5 full years.
- Death in service benefit: two times your salary if you die whilst employed at Samaritans.
- Inclusive policies and ways of working. We aim to create a workplace where people are recognised for who they are and for their unique contribution to Samaritans.
Health and wellbeing
- Simply Health cash plan to support you to claim healthcare, optical, physiotherapy and dental costs.
- Simply Health Employee Assistance Programme: with a 24-hour confidential helpline for health, wellbeing and legal advice, telephone counselling and up to six face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Wellbeing support: three wellbeing days are provided each year as part of your leave allowance. You can take these days at short notice. We also offer peer to peer Mental Health First Aid, a supportive Staff Forum and there is an active Social Committee.
- Flexible working based on trust: We offer a flexible and hybrid working approach, with all roles being linked to either our our Ewell (Surrey) Head Office or another named office. We are passionate about flexible working, talk to us about your preferences.
- Formalised flexible working: We will consider your request for flexible working from day 1 with Samaritans, though you have a formal right to request flexible working after 26 weeks of employment.
- Enhanced family leave (maternity, paternity, adoption, parental and dependents leave): Enhanced and inclusive family leave for allafter 26 weeks of employment.
- Interest-free travel loans: Available to support you to travel to your place of work.
Growth and development
- Regular 1:1s with your line manager: Regular discussion, feedback and support from your line manager.
- Projects, secondments & coaching opportunities: We seek to provide a work environment where you can develop your skills and experience.
- Workshops, bitesize sessions and online learning resources available plus external courses.
- Professional development support and loans are available to support development related to your area of expertise.
- Sharing our internal vacancies with you first: Helping you to grow, develop and progress your career with Samaritans.