21.8 kb - DOCX
Could you provide support to branches to help our most vulnerable callers at risk of harm?
Role and support in the organisation
- Accountable to: Lead Safeguarding Officer
- Support the work of: Safeguarding Team
- Liase with: Branches, Caller Support, Regional Directors, Central Office Quality and Development Team, other Safeguarding Professionals and Statutory services
We are looking to recruit additional Safeguarding Officers (SGOs) throughout the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, to be part of Samaritan's highly regarded Safeguarding Team. You will be part of a national team of trained volunteers providing Safeguarding advice and guidance to volunteers and staff across Samaritans when concerns are raised about those who encounter our services.
The role provides a great opportunity to contribute to the development of safeguarding at Samaritans ensuring our policies and procedures meet best practice standards. This will To find out more about this role, please contact Anna and Paul in the Safeguarding Team via [email protected].
21.8 kb - DOCX
Qualities and experience
- Use your experience and knowledge of safeguarding children and/or adults when safeguarding concerns are raised
- Provide specialist advice and decisions on safeguarding concerns raised
- Work remotely and contribute to an on-call rota offering support and guidance to volunteers when concerns arise via the helpline
- Lead the Samaritans response to a safeguarding incident, allegation or concern in relation to referrals and/or reports to external services such as the local authority or the police
- Work within the framework of Samaritans safeguarding policy and procedures
To apply please download and complete an application form. Please return the completed application form to [email protected] Deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 28th October 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in a telephone interview, which will take place between the 4th - 8th November 2019 (including daytime and evening interview times).
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a training day in London on Saturday 23 November.
83.5 kb - DOC