How we can help
- Call us for free: 116 123 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Welsh Language Line: 0808 164 0123 (7pm-11pm, 7 days a week)
- Find your local branch in Wales
Samaritans’ research findings on the link between suicide and those who come from a disadvantaged background
DEAL (Developing Emotional Awareness and Listening) is a set of free, bilingual, web-based teaching resources containing emotional health lesson plans, audio-visual resources, teaching notes and staff training materials.
Samaritans in Wales is on the lookout for new volunteers to carry out a number of roles, so they can grow their service and provide the best possible support to those who are most in need.
- Guidance issued by the National Advisory Group to Regional Fora on local suicide and self-harm prevention planning in Wales
- Samaritans Cymru response to The Emotional and Mental Health of Children and Young People National Assembly consultation (Cymraeg)
- Mathewfest: three-day event in valleys to raise awareness of reaching out for help (Cymraeg)
- Samaritans Cymru: Our key messages for the General Election 2017 (Cymraeg)
Volunteer for us
Would you like to become a Samaritans volunteer?
South Wales Valleys Project
We need more people to join our South Wales Valleys Project. We focus on three main objectives - Making sure people in the Valleys know about Samaritans and how we can help, giving people the emotional support they need by being where people are struggling and encouraging people to seek help when they need it.
We do this on busy town centre streets, in foodbanks, pharmacies, jobcentres and in police cells. We attend events and talk to lots of people and organisations. We also work with schools by running workshops with pupils on how to look after their wellbeing.
Talk to us about the opportunities we have and the time you can offer. There’s a lot we can do and with you on board we can achieve more. We have roles that are about working directly with the public and other roles that are more about the running of our project.
Contact us on: 07701 314254 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Welsh Language Scheme
Samaritans Cymru have a Welsh Language Scheme, approved by the Welsh Language Commissioner on 14 May 2014.
Administrative contact details for Samaritans Cymru
Office address: Floor 2, 33-35 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, Wales, CF11 9HB