116 123 free from any phone
2 Wheatfield Way
Kingston Upon Thames KT1 2QS
How we can help
- Step-free access to building as well as lift and wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities.
Since 1968, Kingston Samaritans have been helping those struggling to cope, including through our work locally (Kingston, Surbiton, Esher, New Malden and Richmond). Our service is needed more than ever because of the impact of the coronavirus.
In 2021, our branch spent a total of 9,600 hours responding to more than 28,000 calls for help. 75% of these calls for help were phone contacts and the remaining were email contacts.
How We Help
We are focussing our service on how we can be most effective during the pandemic respecting Government guidelines. Although this means we cannot provide all the services below, including face-to-face, we will resume them as soon as possible.
- By providing emotional support on the phone and by email for anyone who is struggling to cope including those who have thoughts of suicide.
- By being available to residents across the borough who wish to to visit us to talk to a Samaritan face to face.
- By reaching out to high risk groups and communities to reduce the risk of suicide.
- By providing support locally through our various Outreach activities, including working in partnership with Network Rail and Wandsworth Prison.
- By running workshops and events in schools throughout the community and supporting events at both Kingston University and Kingston College.
Ways You Can Help Us
- Donate online to our branch here
- Help us with our branch fundraising efforts.
- Sign up to Amazon Smile and select Kingston Samaritans as your chosen charity.
- Volunteer with us as a listening or support volunteer.
- Follow @sams_kingston on Twitter to keep up-to-date with what we're doing.
Our self-care web app can help you track your mood and includes practical tips and techniques to help you look after your emotional health.
Our privacy statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.