We rely heavily on the generosity of the public and the fundraising efforts of our volunteers, friends and family. Each year the branch needs to raise about £50k to cover our running costs.
Why Do We Need To Raise Funds?
Kingston Samaritans is responsible for funding all aspects of the branch and its activities. It receives no monies from the national charity or the government. In fact the charity gives a proportion of its income to the central charity annually to help fund national campaigns. We rely heavily on the generosity of the public and the fundraising efforts of our volunteers, friends and family. Each year the branch needs to raise about £50k to cover our running costs. All donations, regardless of the amount make a very positive difference.
Our Fundraising Team can be contacted by email: [email protected]
How Can I Donate To Kingston Samaritans?
- Donate Online: You can make a one-off donation or set up a regular monthly payment via our online donation page.
- Donate by Text: Text KINGSAMS to 70085 and donate £5 to our branch.
- Donate by Cheque: Cheques can be made payable to ‘Kingston Samaritans’ and sent to us: Branch Treasurer, Elspeth House, 2 Wheatfield Way, Kingston, KT1 2QT. Please remember to include your name, address and details of any fundraising activity so we can thank you and confirm receipt of your donation. If you are eligible to Gift Aid your donation to us, please download our gift aid form here.
- Donate by Standing Order: You can set up a monthly standing order for as little as a £1. Please download our standing order form here.
- Buy a lottery ticket in the Kingston Community Lottery: Choose Kingston Samaritans as a local good cause and buy a ticket in the Kingston Community Lottery. You stand a chance of winning £25,000 every week and we get 50% of funds.
- Donate via easyfundraising.org: You can join easyfundraising and select us as your chosen charity (Samaritans of Kingston upon Thames). They collect free donations for us every time you buy online via their website. You can buy everything from toasters to travel. Retailers who take part in the scheme include John Lewis, Amazon, M&S. Next and Booking.com. It won't cost you a penny. Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk or download the app and select us as your chosen charity (www.easyfundraising.org.uk/easyfundraising-app).
- Sign up to Amazon Smile: You Shop. Amazon Gives! If you shop on Amazon, please sign up to Smile Amazon and select Kingston Samaritans as your chosen charity. We'll get 0.5% of every purchase you make.
- Donate via JustGiving
- Pass on something wonderful in your will: A gift in your Will would make a real difference to people by helping us continue to provide our 24/7 service. To find out more about making a gift to Kingston Samaritans, please email our fundraising team who can send you helpful information, including a free will service.
Samaritan volunteer Bob explains why he’s chosen to leave a lifeline after his lifetime.
If you contact the fundraising team (see above), we can send you fundraising suggestions, including things you can do by yourself to organise virtually.
As a responsible organisation (and in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act) we will always handle your information in the strictest confidence and will never share your details with third parties.
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to keeping Kingston Samaritans open throughout 2021 and for supporting our amazing volunteers, who give their time for free, to be there for someone when they need it most.
Samaritans proudly works with the Fundraising Regulator, an independent body who set and maintain the standards for charitable fundraising.
We use the Fundraising Regulator logo to show you that we’re following these standards. By using this logo, we want you to know that you can trust us and give with confidence.
We will always try to resolve your concerns but if you think we haven’t, you can forward your complaint within two months of our final response.
To take your complaint directly to the Fundraising Regulator use the online complaints form or call 0300 999 3407.
Please be aware that complaints raised directly with the Fundraising Regulator will only be considered if we have been given the opportunity to respond in the first instance.