Brighton, Hove and District Samaritans are rooted in the local community.
Our service coverage includes the city of Brighton & Hove, along the coast to the west as far as Shoreham, along the coast east as far as Newhaven, and over the South Downs to the north including Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath and Lewes plus the surrounding villages.
As a local charity, our mission is to support everyone who needs us and to serve our community.
Every year, we listen to over 40,000 callers.
Around 270 people visit our Hove based centre on an annual basis.
We partner with local Schools, Colleges and Universities.
Our services support the staff and inmates at HM Lewes Prison and a growing number of local groups and employers.
We hope that more local organisations will see the benefits of developing a relationship with us so that together we can support each other as well as the wider community of which we are all a part.
Why we need your support
It costs £75,000 per year to keep our Centre running. We are all volunteers and are responsible for fundraising to keep our Centre open and operational.
Being a partner of Brighton, Hove and District Samaritans means you will be helping us support those who need Samaritans in our local area.
You will be able to join us in fundraising events and activities, both in your workplace and in the wider community, raising awareness of our service, and how we can help those who need us.
How you can get involved
Our outreach and fundraising teams will help you develop a level of partnership and involvement that is right for you and your organisation:
- Set up a team challenge or hold an event - we can promote joint fundraising activities that complement your existing CSR responsibilities (Online or face to face)
- Develop wellbeing awareness activities with your teams, including outreach support to your employees
- Arrange “Learn to Listen like a Samaritan” training – our bespoke training introduces listening skills that anyone can use. This can help colleagues or customers who might be experiencing emotional distress or who may be struggling with suicidal thoughts themselves
- Help us to fundraise on your premises using our ‘Tap to Donate’ technology
- Donate to our branch
- Set up a regular gift donation through our Samaritans ‘Friends’ initiative
- Join us by becoming a Samaritans volunteer yourself
Get in touch to explore how we can work together
We are passionate about what we do and we know that listening to people in distress can be life changing for callers.
We would love you to help us in whatever way you can.
Please get in touch with us to find out more.
Email: [email protected]