Newtown Road (Nr Hove Park Villas)
Hove BN3 6AE
How we can help
We are Brighton, Hove and District Samaritans.
- We deliver the Samaritans' vision by making it our mission to always be there for our callers and provide the best support possible.
- Our Branch is a community in its own right and reflects the diversity of the community our volunteers are drawn from. Help us help them get through this
- We want our highly skilled volunteers to feel happy, fulfilled and proud to belong to Brighton, Hove & District Samaritans.
- We will tailor our services to the specific needs of our community with an emphasis beyond the national network by becoming highly visible and involved locally.
Our catchment area for volunteers and callers includes the city of Brighton & Hove, along the coast to the west as far as Shoreham, along the coast east to Lewes and Newhaven, and over the South Downs to the north including Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath and surrounding villages.
We are one of the larger Samaritans branches. We work with local partners at Pride, Trans Pride, Brighton and Hove Albion FC, universities, schools and colleges, businesses, theatres, faith groups, other charities and community organisations to spread the Samaritans message that we can be there for one another so that fewer people die by suicide.
- The ‘Learn to Listen’ Workshop - Our online workshop explores how you can listen more effectively to your colleagues and introduces the tools and approach Samaritans use to support people in emotional difficulty
- Supporting people while we can’t be out in the community: Watch our latest video
- Help us keep our services running by becoming a Friend of our branch
- If you would prefer to make a one-off donation, you can do that here
Details on how to Partner with Us
Our privacy statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.