Newtown Road (Nr Hove Park Villas)
Hove BN3 6AE
How we can help
We visit Lewes Prison every week to support prisoners who we train as Listeners, part of the national Samaritans prison listening programme.
We are open for people to drop in every day of the year - see our opening hours for details. No need to make an appointment.
We provide sessions in secondary schools across Brighton, Hove and district. Call us on 01273 738115 for more details.
Our volunteers are available every day 365 days a year answering calls from the free number 116 123 and emails via [email protected]
We are Brighton, Hove and District Samaritans.
- We deliver the Samaritans' vision by making it our mission to always be there for our callers and provide the best support possible.
- Our Branch is a community in its own right and reflects the diversity of the community our volunteers are drawn from.
- We want our highly skilled volunteers to feel happy, fulfilled and proud to belong to Brighton, Hove & District Samaritans.
- We will tailor our services to the specific needs of our community with emphasis beyond the national network by becoming highly visible and involved locally.
Our catchment area for volunteers and callers includes the city of Brighton & Hove, along the coast to the west as far as Shoreham, along the coast east as far as Newhaven, and over the South Downs to the north including Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Lewes and Uckfield, plus the surrounding villages.
We are one of the larger Samaritans branches. We work with local partners at Pride, Trans Pride, Brighton and Hove Albion FC, universities, schools and colleges, businesses, theatres, faith groups, other charities and community organisations to spread the Samaritans message that we can be there for one another so that that fewer people die by suicide.
- Supporting people while we can’t be out in the community: Watch our latest video
For up to date news, please follow us on Twitter @BHSamaritans
Our privacy statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.