Priority 5: Sustainability
Chapter 10: Priority 5: Sustainability
5. Build meaningful relationships with our supporters to ensure our sustainability
To remain fit for the future, Samaritans needs more long-term supporters who will be part of the journey with us.
To ensure our long-term sustainability by securing the support needed to keep us strong and taking steps to ensure our activities and organisation are fit for the future.
We will achieve this by:
- Creating exciting and appealing offerings to attract a wider range of supporters from fun, challenging events you can take part in to meaningful appeals for financial support.
- Building strong relationships with those who support us, so that people feel part of the Samaritans community and want to stay with us for longer.
- Making sure that people have a great experience when interacting with us by involving them in other ways of helping such as campaigning, volunteering, fundraising or donating.
- Communicating positive impact to supporters in a way that makes them feel part of the Samaritans community, for example by sharing inspirational stories showing the difference they have made.
- Working with organisations who employ or serve groups in greatest need of support.
- Supporting our branches to build lasting partnerships with local businesses and organisations.
- Expanding and tailoring our workplace offering for partners, with more training, self-help and emotional support for employees.
- Increasing our support for employees in partner organisations affected by suicide.
- Encouraging businesses and their employees to support us in new and exciting ways.
Jade explains why she decided to take on an ambitious challenge to support Samaritans.
My challenge consisted of a 4km swim, a 200km cycle and 46km run. The reason I chose Samaritans was because of my personal experience with my own mental health and struggles. Samaritans were there to listen. They helped me feel very calm and there was absolutely no judgement at all.