1.6 mb - PDF
Working together to reduce suicide.
As we look ahead to 2021, we know that the world is changing. We need to adapt to continue to provide and improve our vital services, and pursue our vision – that fewer people die by suicide.
The world has changed. We are prepared to adapt and change the way we work to better help people who need us.
Foreword, Samaritans Strategy Report
Our priorities for 2021
- the quality of the services we provide
- how easy it is to access those services
- our influence on policy and decision-makers
- the evidence we provide through our research
How we'll work together to make this happen
- support and engage our people more effectively
- evolve our structure and governance
- mobilise and maximise our financial resources
What we aim to achieve by 2021
- free to caller number
- instant messaging
- new standards for emotional support
- bereavement support service
- online outreach and support
- more face to face services
- partnerships with health, police, probation and addiction services
- research on socio-economic deprivation, mental health and suicide
- immigration detention and removal centres service
Our impact will exist at individual, community, and societal levels.
Download our 2015-2021 Strategy Report below to read more.