Every pound you raise in the TCS London Marathon will help Samaritans be there, day and night, for anyone who’s struggling to cope.
If you haven’t raised money before, please don’t be daunted! We’ll help you get started with our fundraising resources and tips.
Once you’re registered with #TeamSamaritans, you’ll receive regular emails with tried and tested ideas from our fundraising team and fellow runners. You'll also have access to download a whole range of resources to help you smash your fundraising goals. The first step is to set up your online fundraising page.
How to set up your fundraising page
Set up your fundraising page on the official TCS London Marathon online giving site, Enthuse. It’s quick to do, and you’ll be able to share the link and keep track of your fundraising. They have great tips on how to bring those donations in! And here are some of ours:
- Words and pictures. Explain why you’re running the TCS London Marathon and why it means so much to you. For online fundraising, put up a picture or get creative with a short film. Both help people to connect with you and your fundraising
- Aim high. Be ambitious with your fundraising target. It encourages people to give more to help you get there. Incentivising donations is also a great way to engage your supporters, like promising to do your fundraising in fancy dress if your target is met
- First sponsor. Try to get a particularly generous friend, colleague or relative to be your first sponsor. Others are then more likely to match their amount
- Blow your own trumpet. Use posters, emails, social media, the local press… everything you can to get the word out about your fantastic fundraising
- Social media shout-out. Keep people updated on social media, with a link to your online fundraising page on each post. And don’t be afraid to remind friends to support you – people just need a nudge sometimes. Remember to use #TeamSamaritans
Handy printoffs for your fundraising
Here are some Samaritans branded posters to take your fundraising event to the next level: