Anyone whose role may bring them into direct contact with people who have suicidal feelings should attend this course.
Managing suicidal conversations will show people how to confidently approach somebody in this situation and the most effective types of responses. We deliver this course to a range of individual organisations and to Local Authorities as part of their suicide prevention strategies.
- Show that you have listened, heard and understood.
- Understand and acknowledge suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Understand how talking about suicidal thoughts and feelings can be beneficial.
- Recognise signs of distress and suicidal thoughts.
- Approach someone who is feeling suicidal.
- Support or refer someone who is feeling suicidal
Interested in this course?
The subject was naturally emotionally heavy but the course trainer done really really well in creating a safe space for us learners to express our thoughts and feelings. The activities helped us bond and again, made us feel like we could say what was truly on our minds and be unafraid of not having the right answers. Thank you so much to the trainer. I feel I can walk away from this knowing more about hopefully preventing suicide and how to apply this to practice
In-house course attendee 2020