Anyone whose role may bring them into direct contact with people who have suicidal feelings should attend this course.
Managing suicidal conversations will show people how to confidently approach somebody in this situation and the most effective types of responses.
- Show that you have listened, heard and understood.
- Understand and acknowledge suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Understand how talking about suicidal thoughts and feelings can be beneficial.
- Recognise signs of distress and suicidal thoughts.
- Approach someone who is feeling suicidal.
- Support or refer someone who is feeling suicidal
Interested in this course?
Really impressive delivery style, I found the course interesting and constructive – made me question my personal style and approach.
Prison and Probation Ombudsman