Our busy charity shop in Curtis Street, Swindon is we sell pre-loved items to raise critical funds for our branch.
After over a year of being closed we are very pleased to announce our shop is now open!
What an amazing opening weekend we had! It was fantastic to welcome back our customers, who were very pleased to see us open again.
Our current opening hours are
Volunteer in our shop
Would you like to volunteer in our shop? There are all sorts of things you can get involved with. To find out more see here Shop volunteer information
We will be delighted to accept donations of items that we need. We are currently short of the following items -
- Women’s - summer dresses/skirts/cropped trousers/summer tops
- Men’s T-shirts and shorts.
- Men’s trainers.
All items donated should be of good quality in saleable condition. Please dont be offended if we decline your kind donation but we have limited storage space and some things we can not sell.
If you can please call ahead on 01793 526430 so we know you are coming and as our shop opening hours can vary.
Items we are unable to accept at this time
- Knives and guns
- Coat hangers
- Large furniture items or white goods. NB: We can sell small occasional tables or small items that do not compromise shop floor space and access.
- Upholstered furniture
- Toys without CE labels
- Pushchairs and prams
- Prescription glasses, spectacle frames and sunglasses
- Promotional items that say ‘goods not for resale’ should not be sold, e.g. books, DVDs and CDs
- Any Electrical items e.g. wall and ceiling lights, kettles, microwaves, electric blankets or heaters
- Bike and crash helmets, car seats (due to safety risk)
- Children’s clothing (3 months -13 years) with a drawstring neck, e.g. anorak
- Nightwear without a label to state whether it meets the flammability standards and requirements. NB: Pyjamas, cotton terry towelling bathrobes and baby garments (0-3 months) are not classed as children’s nightwear. However, they must still carry a label stating that they meet the flammability standard
- Oil and gas heaters
- Used cosmetics. To be sellable, items must be sealed or unused. If in doubt, throw it away.
- DVDs, video and computer games that do not have an age and legal classification on them. Do not sell items to persons under the age restriction stated on the item. If in doubt, ask for ID.