Your support means we can continue to be there when we are needed most.
For nearly 60 years, our branch has provided a listening ear to anyone who needs support, which has been possible through the public’s kind donations. All the money we raise is spent locally, including training local volunteers and raising awareness throughout our local community.
Susie Higgs - Branch Director
We are grateful to Swindon Borough Council, the Wiltshire Community Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund for their grants to support us during the pandemic and to the Devizes Lions for their donation.
With the funding from these grants we have been able to
- Purchase headsets for our volunteers to help them socially distance when they are training.
- Provide additional cleaning to keep our volunteers safe whilst working in our branch.
- Purchase signage and banners to increase awareness in our local community.
- Cover volunteer travel expenses.
- Cover branch running costs.
- Increase awareness of our service in the local press.
Jacob, one of our listening volunteers, speaks below about how the Swindon Borough Council grant helped us during the pandemic.
Samarathoners and the amazing Saxon!
Our grateful thanks also go to our amazing Samarathoners who ran, walked and jogged a marathon in July, as well as to 12 year old Saxon who ran an incredible 100km in memory of his friend, Evie.
Learn more about Saxon‘s story here
A thank you to all our other supporters. From the kind donations we receive for our shop, to those of you who ask for donations to us as a birthday gift, to the collection tins in the village shop and everything in between. Your kindness and generosity means we can continue to be there to listen and support the people who contact us.