Samaritans of Tyneside is part of the main Samaritans charity (number 219432) but we are fully responsible for raising all our running costs. Normally this is through a range of activities including: grants; street collections; donations; Great North Run/London Marathon; local fund-raising activities and volunteer fund-raising activities.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic much of our fund-raising has stopped and we have no indications on when they may be able to resume.
On behalf of our callers we would like to the thank the following trusts, fund-distributors, local and regional organisations and the local community for their generous support of our work through grants:
- Community Foundation (Tyne & Wear/Northumberland) – National Emergency Trust (NET) - £5000
- National Lottery – Community Fund - £3000
- Northern Sub-Regional Suicide Prevention Group - Grassroots Fund - £2000
- Sir James Knott Trust - £1000
- Newcastle Round Table - £400
….and awarded before the Pandemic lockdown:
- Gateshead Thrive Fund - £3210
If anyone is interested in supporting the work of Samaritans in the Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside and south-west Northumberland please do email our office on [email protected] Twitter: @tynesidesams