Don't have the time to become a Listening Volunteer but still want to get involved?
There are so many ways you can help fundraise for Leicester Samaritans. Any help you can give means we can maintain our 24/7 service to people in need.
Here are some fundraising examples.
- shop online via https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/samaritansleicester/ - there are over 2,700 retailers to choose from including eBay, Amazon, M&S & John Lewis
- Choose Samaritans of Leicester as your Amazon Smile charity.
- Hold a cake and coffee morning.
- Host a curry night at a local restaurant
- Donate your 2nd hand goods to our charity shop on Granby Street (if you are a UK taxpayer we can claim Gift Aid on donation sales from Sept 2022)
- Get you local pub or shop to "adopt a charity tin" and swap it over every few weeks
- Walk, run, swim, cycle or skydive as a personal challenge. Please contact us for sponsorship forms.
- Help out at our October Beer Festival in Oadby
- Deliver posters and flyers to shops, pubs and other public areas
- Have a plant or craft sale
- Hold a raffle and sell tickets
- volunteer your time at the charity shop on Granby Street
- Organise a quiz night
- Have a dress down day at your work or school
- Asking for donations is a great alternative to gifts, no matter the occasion.