As the founding branch of the organisation, Central London Samaritans has been providing emotional support for people who are struggling to cope for over 60 years. Our volunteers are here round the clock, every single day of the year.
Each year our 430 volunteers:
- donate over 95,000 hours to run our charity – that’s over 11 years…
- respond to over 100,000 calls for help via phone, SMS and email
- support 4,500 contacts face to face
- help over 2,000 of London’s most vulnerable people including the homeless, the LGBT+ community, those bereaved by suicide & people in custody.
- raise awareness with up to 200,000 young people through our schools and university outreach
Getting a response from a real person and being given the time and space to talk things through helps people to find a way through their problems.
We help people to explore their options so they can make decisions that are right for them.
We are a charity. We rely entirely on donations from the public, businesses and other organisations. It costs around £450,000 a year to run our branch.
There are a number of ways you can help us to be there round the clock, every single day of the year.