WORK FOR US!
Team Administrator at Central London Samaritans
Central London Samaritans are looking for a dynamic and proactive Team Administrator to support the work of our small staff team.
Situated in the heart of London, Central London Samaritans is “home” to 450 volunteers who deliver the Samaritans service round the clock, every day of the year providing support for anyone struggling to cope. Their work is supported by a small staff team who ensure that Samaritans volunteers are always available to individuals in distress.
The Team Administrator will support the Centre Manager and other members of the staff to ensure the team, in turn, is able to support our volunteers as they deliver a wide programme of support, activities and events.
Essential criteria for the Administrator:
* Previous administration experience
* Good communication skills
* Excellent organisational skills
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com for a Job Spec and Application Form. Applications should be returned along with a supporting statement to Central London Samaritans by 1st March 2019. Interviews will be held on 15th March 2019
As the founding branch of the organisation, Central London Samaritans has been providing emotional support for people who are struggling to cope for over 60 years. Our volunteers are here round the clock, every single day of the year.
Each year our 430 volunteers:
- donate over 95,000 hours to run our charity – that’s over 11 years…
- respond to over 100,000 calls for help via phone, SMS and email
- support 4,500 contacts face to face
- help over 2,000 of London’s most vulnerable people including the homeless, the LGBT+ community, those bereaved by suicide & people in custody.
- raise awareness with up to 200,000 young people through our schools and university outreach
Getting a response from a real person and being given the time and space to talk things through helps people to find a way through their problems.
We help people to explore their options so they can make decisions that are right for them.
We are a charity. We rely entirely on donations from the public, businesses and other organisations. It costs around £450,000 a year to run our branch.
There are a number of ways you can help us to be there round the clock, every single day of the year.