There are lots of training plans to help you set and reach your goals, no matter what level you’re at. Even as a beginner, most plans aim to get you marathon ready in 16 weeks.
And remember, you're not alone with your training. We're here for you from the moment you sign up, right through to your post-run massage.
TCS London Marathon plans recommended by Samaritans runners
Our #TeamSamaritans marathon runners have shared the plans they used to help build endurance and confidence, and to get them to the finish line.
- Ollie suggests the Runner's World free marathon training plans for every goal
- Aisha suggests the Women's Health marathon training plan
- Phil found the Marathon Handbook library of free marathon training plans useful
TCS London Marathon training plans
The TCS London Marathon training hub includes three plans designed by Martin Yelling - the official coach of the event:
- Beginner’s training plan: this 16-week plan is for people who are new to the marathon distance
- Improver’s training plan: ideal for people who have run the marathon distance before, and are looking to better their performance
- Advanced training plan: for experienced runners who want to push themselves
The training hub also gives motivational tips, nutritional advice and running kit suggestions, as well as articles on the mental health benefits of running and starting your marathon training.