Giving a major gift to Samaritans will save people’s lives.
- Every 90 minutes, someone in the UK or Ireland takes their own life.
- Suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50 and young people aged 20-34.
- We get over 5 million calls for help every year – and we want to be there for every single one. But we can’t do it alone.
Our team of 20,000 trained volunteers are there for anyone struggling to cope 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You’ll also find Samaritans everywhere from workplaces to schools, from A&E units to GP surgeries, and from custody suites to prisons and detention centres. Not to mention teaming up with food banks, festivals and homeless shelters.
We can connect you with the areas of our work you feel most passionately about.
Our philanthropy team will ensure your investment makes the most impact, and they’ll keep you informed along the way.
As one of Samaritans’ valued major donors, you can expect:
- An initial consultation
- A personal contact
- Regular project updates
- Opportunity to visit the project you’re supporting
- Exclusive invites to events