South Coast Challenge 2023
Join #TeamSamaritans and take on the beautiful South Coast Challenge! Choose your challenge distance (25 - 100km options) and trek along coastal paths while taking in stunning sea views.
How Samaritans will support you
- Regular email updates and support from the Samaritans Events Team
- Receive awareness-raising and fundraising materials
- Your own Samaritans t-shirt or running vest to wear with pride on the day
- Supporter t-shirts and cheering materials
- Official finisher's t-shirt and medal
Why Samaritans need your support
We know that life can sometimes be incredibly tough. Thanks to the dedication of more than 20,000 volunteers, Samaritans can be there for anyone, whatever they are going through and whenever they are struggling to cope. We’re also at the heart of local communities, working with schools, workplaces, railways, prisons and hospitals to offer training and support, preventing suicide and helping people turn their lives around.
Our life-saving work wouldn’t be possible without the extraordinary generosity of our event participants.
About the challenge
Join as an individual or team for the South Coast Challenge, taking place on the weekend of 02-03 September. The South Downs National Park is a superb backdrop for the 2,000 adventurers set to take on this challenge. Suitable for a range of abilities whether you walk, jog or run it – you'll be well supported from start to finish with rest stops and snacks to keep you going!
Choose a challenge route that suits you! Enjoy highlights including trekking up Beachy Head, the ups and downs of the magnificent Seven Sisters, and take in the scenery of the South Downs Way.
South Coast Challenge is organised by our event partner, Action Challenge. Find out more about the event here.
Choose a fundraising target that suits you:
- Charity Sponsorship: Pay a small registration fee and fundraise to a higher target. As a Samaritans participant you'll get 25% off your registration fee.
- Mixed Funding: Pay a higher registration fee and fundraise to a lower target.
- Self-Funding: Pay the full cost of the event and fundraise to a target of your choice - just raise as much as you can! If you are already signed up, please complete our own place registration here to join #TeamSamaritans.
The challenge was fantastic, so well organised and such a great atmosphere. As I signed up for the challenge on my own it was lovely to walk with so many people along the route, sharing stories of why we were there. Brilliant support from Samaritans from the start!
Team Samaritans participant