South Coast Challenge 2021
Join #TeamSamaritans and take on the beautiful South Coast Challenge! Choose from 23km, 55km and 100km distances, trekking your way along coastal paths and taking in stunning sea views.
How Samaritans will support you
- A dedicated point of contact throughout your entire journey
- Regular e-newsletters
- Samaritans branded t-shirt
- Help and support in sharing your story
- Access to fundraising and awareness raising materials
Why Samaritans need your support
We know that life can sometimes be incredibly tough. Thanks to the dedication of more than 20,000 volunteers, Samaritans can be there for anyone, whatever they are going through and whenever they are struggling to cope. We’re also at the heart of local communities, working with schools, workplaces, railways, prisons and hospitals to offer training and support, preventing suicide and helping people turn their lives around.
Our life-saving work wouldn’t be possible without the extraordinary generosity of our event participants.
About the challenge
Join as an individual or team for the South Coast Challenge, taking place on the weekend of Saturday 04 - Sunday 05 September. The South Downs National Park is a superb backdrop for the 2,000 adventurers set to take on this challenge. Suitable for a range of abilities whether you walk, jog or run it - you'll be well supported from start to finish with rest stops and snacks to keep you going!
It's an Eastbourne start taking you up Beachy Head, past the magnificent Seven Sisters, and along the South Downs Way. The 55km challenge will take you on towards a Brighton finish with stunning views over the sea. Any 100km adventurers continue on to Devil’s Dyke before reaching the historic Arundel to finish an incredible journey.
South Coast Challenge is organised by our event partners, Action Challenge. Click here to find out more about the event.
Choose a fundraising target that suits you:
- Charity Sponsorship: Pay a small registration fee and fundraise to a higher target.
- Mixed Funding: Pay a higher registration fee and fundraise to a lower target.
- Self Funding: Pay the full cost of the event and fundraise to a target of your choice - just raise a much as you can! If you are already signed up, please complete our own place registration here to join #TeamSamaritans.
Incredible support from start to finish
Team Samaritans Participant 2019