Chiltern 50 Challenge 2022
Join #TeamSamaritans and take on the scenic Chiltern 50 Challenge! Choose from 25km or 50km distances, making your way across the very best of the Chilterns countryside.
How Samaritans will support you
- Regular email updates and support from the Samaritans Events Team
- Receive awareness raising and fundraising materials
- Your own Samaritans t-shirt to wear with pride on the day
- Supporter t-shirts and cheering materials
- Official finisher's t-shirt and medal
Why Samaritans need your support
We know that life can sometimes be incredibly tough. Thanks to the dedication of more than 20,000 volunteers, Samaritans can be there for anyone, whatever they are going through and whenever they are struggling to cope. We’re also at the heart of local communities, working with schools, workplaces, railways, prisons and hospitals to offer training and support, preventing suicide and helping people turn their lives around.
Our life-saving work wouldn’t be possible without the extraordinary generosity of our event participants.
About the challenge
Join as an individual or team for the Chiltern 50 Challenge, taking place on Saturday 24 September. This 50 km looped route covers some of the best of the Chilterns countryside. Suitable for a range of abilities whether you walk, jog or run it – you'll be well supported from start to finish with rest stops and snacks to keep you going!
The adventure will take you through historic trails, rolling hills, nature reserves, and boasts fantastic views. You'll start and finish in Henley, with a Saturday night celebration BBQ & entertainment. It’s a route with real variety and some wonderful scenery – and it’s all easily accessible from London.
Chiltern 50 Challenge is organised by our event partners, Action Challenge. Find out more about the event here.
Choose a fundraising target that suits you:
- Charity Sponsorship: Pay a small registration fee and fundraise to a higher target.
- Mixed Funding: Pay a higher registration fee and fundraise to a lower target.
- Self Funding: Pay the full cost of the event and fundraise to a target of your choice – just raise a much as you can! If you are already signed up, please complete our own place registration here to join #TeamSamaritans.
The challenge was fantastic, so well organised and such a great atmosphere. As I signed up for the challenge on my own it was lovely to walk with so many people along the route, sharing stories of why we were there. Brilliant support from Samaritans from the start!
Team Samaritans 2021 participant