Let your imagination run wild! From bake sales to treks, charity football matches to party nights. However you want to fundraise, we'd love to have you as part of #TeamSamaritans
Ready to do your own thing for Samaritans?
Do your own thing, your way
So whether it’s a bake sale, 5k run, trek, virtual race or charity football match, the exciting thing about do your own fundraising is that you decide what to do.
Whatever you’ve chosen to do to support us, know that you’ll be raising vital funds and awareness for Samaritans and that we’re here to support you along the way. Get in touch for your free digital fundraising and awareness pack and join #TeamSamaritans.
If you're unsure about how you'd like to fundraise, take a look at the ideas below and get inspired!
- Sam and James conquered Snowdon four times in 14 hours between 3am and 5pm!
- Their motivation for the challenge was to help people that are feeling low to turn their life around.
- Sam raised over £3000 which has the power to answer 600 potentially life-saving calls.
Here are a few ideas to inspire these new ways of fundraising:
- Walk, run, or cycle together virtually - whether you're set to do a walk, run or cycle, why not try it on your own. That way you still get some fresh air, exercise and the feel-good factor of completing your challenge! Try Strava or MapMyFitness to track your progress.
- Workout challenge - reach out to your local HIIT, yoga, or pilates instructor & see if they’ll host a virtual workout challenge to support Samaritans.
- Trivia or quiz night - keep your social lives on track by hosting a virtual quiz night from the comfort of your own home. Set an “entrance” donation fee, set yourself up on Tiltify & invite everyone you know.
- Gaming/music challenge - from charity video gaming (did someone say a Mario Kart marathon?) to streaming your own gig from your living room, you can bring everyone together on a live streaming platform.
- Brew Monday - put on a bake sale or get your friends together in a video call, so you can still socialise safely, and ask them to donate what they would've given for a slice of cake for the pleasure of your virtual company instead.
Whatever you've chosen to do to support us, let us know what you're planning and join #TeamSamaritans
How joining #TeamSamaritans makes a difference
is the cost to answer a call for help that could save a life
could cover the cost of a new volunteer
could keep Samaritans' phone line open for one hour
Was this page helpful?
We want to ensure that we're providing you with everything you need to start fundraising. If you've got any feedback on how we can improve, please let us know here. Please note that this page is not for seeking support. If you need support, you can speak to a Samaritan anytime by calling 116 123 or view other ways to get in touch.