Let your imagination run wild! From bake sales to treks, charity football matches to party nights. However you want to fundraise, we'd love to have you as part of #TeamSamaritans
Ready to do your own thing for Samaritans?
Tell us about your fundraiser
Do your own thing, your way
So whether it’s a bake sale, 5k run, trek, virtual race or charity football match, the exciting thing about do your own fundraising is that you decide what to do.
Whatever you’ve chosen to do to support us, know that you’ll be raising vital funds and awareness for Samaritans and that we’re here to support you along the way. Get in touch for your free digital fundraising and awareness pack and join #TeamSamaritans.
If you're unsure about how you'd like to fundraise, take a look at the ideas below and get inspired!
- Sam and James conquered Snowdon four times in 14 hours between 3am and 5pm!
- Their motivation for the challenge was to help people that are feeling low to turn their life around.
- Sam raised over £3000 which has the power to answer 600 potentially life-saving calls.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Walk, run, or cycle - maybe there's a long-distance trek you've had your eye on or you're looking to challenge yourself to cycle 100 miles in a month. Whatever your chosen sport, turn it into a fundraiser to motivate yourself! Try Strava or MapMyFitness to track your progress.
- Quiz or raffle – get everybody to the pub for a quiz or set up a raffle at your community group. Organise some brilliant prizes and the rest is easy!
- Livestream - whether it's a TikTok live make-up tutorial, an Instagram Live gig, or a Just Chatting Twitch stream, you can learn more about fundraising with your community/followers here.
- Mental health coffee morning - put on a bake sale or get your friends over for a cuppa, and ask them to donate what they would've given for a slice of cake for the pleasure of your company instead. You can take the opportunity to open up the conversation about mental health and even practice some of our SHUSH listening tips to support others.
- Gaming - everything from Mario Kart tournaments to board game nights, blindfolded BioShock to Madden marathons - however you love to game, there's a way to fundraise too.
- Fundraise through your small business – got an Etsy or Instagram shop, and want to share your passion for mental health with your customers? It’s really easy to donate a portion of sales to Samaritans by using Work For Good.
Whatever you've chosen to do to support us, let us know what you're planning and join #TeamSamaritans
How joining #TeamSamaritans makes a difference
is the cost to answer a call for help that could save a life
could cover the cost of a new volunteer
could keep Samaritans' phone line open for one hour
Was this page helpful?
We want to ensure that we're providing you with everything you need to start fundraising. If you've got any feedback on how we can improve, please let us know here. Please note that this page is not for seeking support. If you need support, you can speak to a Samaritan anytime by calling 116 123 or view other ways to get in touch.