In a year like no other, help us make sure there's always someone there
Every day, Samaritans volunteers respond to around 10,000 calls for help.
Anyone can turn to us, any time. We’re here 24/7, 365 days a year, for whatever life throws at people. Our 20,000 volunteers give up their time in 201 local branches in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
They could be a friend, neighbour or relative of yours. Reasons for calling vary from mental health to relationships and debt but they all have one thing in common – they need urgent support.
Right now we're needed more than ever. This year, one in every five calls to Samaritans is about Coronavirus, with our volunteers reporting that it impacts almost all calls.
But we can't do it alone
Coronavirus is changing our lives and our services are under extra strain. We’re likely to experience more people struggling to cope or in crisis. We know that rates of suicide increase with higher levels of economic deprivation.
But we also know that suicide is preventable - and we have an opportunity to prevent it.
Choose Samaritans as your Charity of the Year
Your organisation can have a huge impact and help people who are struggling to cope. With your support we can:
- Be there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for people who need us
- Support more people online with a new Online Chat service
- Urgently train and recruit more volunteers
- Help existing volunteers to safely answer emails from home, even if they are self-isolating (and feel healthy and able to do so)
- Future-proof our life-saving service for the future
Our confidential support service is open 24/7, 365 days a year. We are often the only place people can turn to. Supporting Samaritans ensures that this service can remain open for anyone struggling to cope.
Ruth Sutherland, Samaritans CEO
Why choose Samaritans?
- Have an impact locally and nationally
- Save real people’s lives and change countless others for the better
- Align with one of the most trusted UK charities
- Bring Samaritans’ expertise into your workplace with training, workshops & ‘Lunch and Learns’
- Be part of a movement to reduce stigma around mental health
- Enjoy fun, motivating fundraising activities tailored to you
We’re proud to support Samaritans to be there for people when it matters most.
Kat Schofield, Brand Manager, Pitcher & Piano
Examples of other Charity Partners’ fundraising
We believe raising life-saving funds for Samaritans should be fun. Take a look at what others have done:
- Trekking in the Andes
- London Marathon
- Advent raffles
- 24-hour fundraisers
- New Year swim in the North Sea
We’re incredibly proud of what we have achieved with Samaritans. The partnership exceeded all of our expectations
Harry Cairney, President, Scotmid