In a year like no other, help us make sure there's always someone there
Every 10 seconds, Samaritans responds to a call for help.
Anyone can turn to us, any time. They could be a friend, neighbour or relative of yours. They could be experiencing anything from mental health struggles, relationship breakdown or debt problems but they all have one thing in common – they need urgent support
We’re here 24/7, 365 days a year, for whatever life throws at people. Around 22,000 Samaritans volunteers give up their time in more than 200 branches and locations across the UK and Ireland.
Right now we're needed more than ever.
But we can't do it alone
We're living in uncertain times. In recent years, the world has become, for many, a worrying place. Anyone, at any time, can find themselves in need of emotional support, to help cope with life's changes and challenges.
We know that poorer mental and physical health, bereavement, isolation, economic hardship and stretched public services are factors that we know can increase the risk of suicide.
But we also know that suicide is preventable – and we have an opportunity to prevent it.
Choose Samaritans as your Charity of the Year
Your organisation can have a huge impact and help people who are struggling to cope. With your support we can:
- Be there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for people who need us
- Support more people online with a new Online Chat service
- Urgently train and recruit more volunteers
- Help existing volunteers to safely answer emails from home
- Future-proof our life-saving service for the future
Our confidential support service is open 24/7, 365 days a year. We are often the only place people can turn to. Supporting Samaritans ensures that this service can remain open for anyone struggling to cope.
Julie Bentley, Samaritans CEO
Why choose Samaritans?
- Have an impact locally and nationally
- Save real people’s lives and change countless others for the better
- Align with one of the most trusted UK charities
- Bring Samaritans’ expertise into your workplace with training, workshops & ‘Lunch and Learns’
- Be part of a movement to reduce stigma around mental health
- Enjoy fun, motivating fundraising activities tailored to you
We’re proud to support Samaritans to be there for people when it matters most.
Kat Schofield, Brand Manager, Pitcher & Piano
Examples of other Charity Partners’ fundraising
We believe raising life-saving funds for Samaritans should be fun. Take a look at what others have done:
- Trekking in the Andes
- London Marathon
- Advent raffles
- 24-hour fundraisers
- New Year swim in the North Sea
We’re incredibly proud of what we have achieved with Samaritans. The partnership exceeded all of our expectations
Harry Cairney, President, Scotmid