303.1 kb - PDF
In this session we will learn: why someone might choose to get in touch with Samaritans; how to access help if needed
Create a safe and positive learning environment by agreeing ground rules for the session.
Quiz about Samaritans: ask questions and ask students to answer in pairs.
Share answers and discuss:
- Do students know what Samaritans is and what they do?
- What sort of problems do people call Samaritans with?
- Why do you think Samaritans offers this service to everyone?
- Why might someone choose to ring Samaritans rather than talk to a teacher?
- How do you think calling Samaritans would help?
Make sure students understand that there are a range of services and Samaritans is one of these, offering space to talk for anyone. Use the information sheet for further information.
If I needed help the first step for me to take would be…
Make sure young people know what support is available and how to access this support.