116 123 free from any phone
Units 10-11, Barnack Business Centre
Salisbury SP1 2LP
Where we work
How we can help
- Accessible toilets
- Wheelchair accessible
- The branch is located on the ground floor and has an entrance ramp and double door access. Parking is available adjacent to the Centre.
The Salisbury and District Branch of the Samaritans is at Units 10-11, Barnack Business Centre, Blakey Road, Salisbury SP1 2LP.
Our approximately 120 listening and support volunteers provide an incredibly valuable service, each year. Our listening volunteers deal with over 20,000 calls and emails from people who are in emotional crisis and in need of immediate emotional support. Our support volunteers help us to raise money or promote our services, organise events, keep our computers working or contribute to the many administrative roles that keep our branch running smoothly.
We are also passionate about the support we give to our local community through our active outreach programme. We work to engage with those who would benefit in understanding more about our listening service, how active listening can help to alleviate stress, and consider how to identify someone close to them who is struggling to cope. This includes those in care and support roles. We support our local prison through the Samaritans Listeners scheme, training and supporting the Listeners. We visit schools and colleges within a 25-mile radius to meet with students and teachers to raise awareness of Samaritans and what we do, and to improve their understanding of emotional health and its impact on young people's wellbeing. We support our military on Salisbury Plain by attending welfare events and giving presentations on the importance of talking in coping with stress, loss and mental health challenges to serving members of the armed forces. In addition, our speakers offer presentations to local organisations and clubs, both for general awareness of Samaritans and to better support those who provide and receive emotional support in their roles.
- Fundraising - every Samaritans branch is expected to raise their own funds. Our branch remains open through monies raised from our fundraising activities, and from donations, including gifts in Wills and In Memory donations. The Salisbury volunteers are grateful to everyone who supports the branch, enabling us to continue to provide the best service we can give.
- Donate to this branch - it costs over £100 per day to run the Salisbury Samaritans branch. If you would like to donate to us, raise funds for us, or remember us in your Will or with an In Memory donation, we would be very grateful.
- Volunteering - our waiting list for our Listening Volunteer training courses is nearly a year long at present due to a high level of applications over the last few months. Whilst we reduce the backlog, we will not be accepting any new applications to become a Listening Volunteer. We are still keen to expand our support to callers, so we hope that you will bear with us and check our web pages again later in the year. We will announce on Twitter when we are recruiting again. Our support volunteers require different training so at present there is no waiting list for anyone who would like to volunteer in a non listening role such as admin, fundraising, publicity, marketing, etc. If you are interested in joining Salisbury Samaritans as a support volunteer, please email [email protected].
- To keep up to date with what we're doing, please follow us on Twitter @SalisburySams
To request information about our branch, please email [email protected] or phone us on 01722 330672.
Please note: we are not able to offer face to face support. If you would like to speak to a Samaritan, please call (free from any phone) 116123 or email [email protected] and there will be a volunteer to speak with you.
Our privacy statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.