Samaritans of Newry & Dundalk was established in 1973. One of more than 200 branches and locations, we offer emotional support to anyone feeling unable to cope, distressed or isolated.
In 2023, help us celebrate our 50th Anniversary!
Join us throughout the year for events, come and join as a volunteer or donate. Every bit of support is appreciated and helps us to be there for people in distress.
Every 10 seconds, somebody contacts the Samaritans for emotional support.
These contacts are anonymous and can be answered by any volunteer across the UK.
With over 100 volunteers, the Samaritans of Newry & Dundalk provide emotional support by telephone and face-to-face in our branch at St. Colman's Park, Newry.
Our vision is that fewer people die by suicide but you don't have to be suicidal to ask for help. We are here for anyone who is going through a difficult time and needs somebody to listen.
You don't need to go through this alone.
Contact the Samaritans on 116 123
- If you are interested in volunteering in our branch, please click on the link below.
- If you are interested in donating money to help our branch operate, all donations are gratefully received via the link below or you can donate £5 by texting NEWRYSAMS to 70085 (Text costs £5 + one standard rate message)
- If you have any administrative queries about our branch or how you can help us, please contact us on [email protected] or call 07544603496
- Keep up to date with our branch by following us on twitter - @SamaritansNewry
- At the moment, we are NOT offering face-to-face contact with our volunteers in this branch.
Our privacy statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.