- attend an initial Information Session and obtain an Application Form
- complete the Application Form and provide two references
- attend a Selection Day involving an interview
- complete an Enhanced Disqualification and Barring (DBS) check
- attend the Training Course (3 hrs a week for 10 weeks)
- complete a Probationary Period with the support of a Mentor
- commit to approximately 1 Listening Shift a week , including 1 late/night shift a month (shifts are usually between 3-5 hours long)
We invest a great deal of time and energy in selecting, training and supporting our listening volunteers, so we’re looking for people who want to stay with us for a while. It also takes time to develop the skills and knowledge you’ll need for the listening role, which means that this role is not appropriate for those looking for short-term volunteer placements of less than a year.