116 123 free from any phone
1-5 Angus Street
London SE14 6LU
Where we work
The London boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark
How we can help
- Accessible toilets
- Wheelchair accessible
We've been supporting our local community since 1969, working towards a world where fewer people die by suicide
Update February 2022
Due to current events we are not taking face-to-face visitors. We continue to prioritise responding to calls and emails. Our Outreach work and Recruitment and Selection process is now via Zoom. We are looking forward to welcoming visitors back to our branch, in New Cross (opposite Fordham Park) when it is safe to do so, meanwhile you can reach out and email [email protected] or FreeCall, from any phone, 116 123. Thank you to everyone for your continued support.
- Providing emotional support on the phone and by email for anyone who is struggling to cope including those who have thoughts of suicide.
- Being available to over 900,000 people in our three London boroughs of Lewisham, Southwark and Greenwich.
- Reaching out to high risk groups and communities to reduce the risk of suicide through work with St Mungo’s and the 999 Club.
- Working in partnership with organisations, agencies and experts such as Oxleas and South London and Maudsley A&E Mental Health Team Partnerships.
How you can help us
- You can donate to our branch via Text LEWISHAM to 70085 to donate £5, visit our Just Giving page or set up a standing order (PDF) to donate regularly.
- Follow @lgssamaritans to keep up-to-date with what we're doing and share our message on Twitter.
- Hire our rooms for a meeting, conference or course - all proceeds go back into supporting our work. Email us for more info. Our room hire service is currently suspended until further notice. We are following the governments guidance and will be back when it is safe.
- Download our sponsorship form (PDF) to help raise funds to support our work.
Thank you to all our supporters and grant givers.
Read and download our reports from the following links:
Our privacy statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.