116 123 free from any phone
1-5 Angus Street
London SE14 6LU
Where we work
The London boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark
How we can help
- Accessible toilets
- Wheelchair accessible
We've been supporting our local community since 1969, working towards a world where fewer people die by suicide
Face-to-face visits at our branch
We are currently not taking face-to-face visitors. We continue to respond to telephone calls and emails. Our Outreach work has restarted and our Recruitment and Selection process is mainly via Zoom. We are looking forward to welcoming visitors back to our branch, in New Cross (opposite Fordham Park), meanwhile you can reach out to one of our trained listening volunteers via email [email protected] or FreeCall, from any phone, 116 123.
Face-to-face visits at Central London branch
We are pleased to let you know that face-to-face visits have restarted at our Central London Branch, please follow this link for more details.
- Providing emotional support on the phone and via email for anyone who is struggling to cope, including those who have thoughts of suicide.
- Being available to over 900,000 people in our three London boroughs of Lewisham, Southwark and Greenwich.
- Reaching out to high risk groups and communities to reduce the risk of suicide, including through our work with the 999 Club.
- Working in partnership with organisations, agencies and experts such as Oxleas and South London and Maudsley A&E Mental Health Team Partnerships.
How you can help us
- You can donate to our branch via Text LEWISHAM to 70085 to donate £5, visit our Just Giving page, set up a standing order (PDF) to donate regularly or make a donation via Enthuse.
- You can also Give as you Live which is the free and easy way to raise money for our branch of Samaritans when you shop online with 6,000+ stores.
- We are currently holding Interviews for those people who have shown interest in becoming a listening volunteer on our course starting in September 2022. This course will be filled by people currently on our waiting list, however, if you are still interested in joining us, please follow this link. We shall be running further courses in 2023.
- Follow @lgssamaritans to keep up-to-date with what we're doing and share our message on Twitter.
- Hire our rooms for a meeting, conference or course - all proceeds go back into supporting our work. Email us for more info.
- Download our sponsorship form (PDF) to help raise funds to support our work.
Thank you to all our supporters and grant givers.
Read and download our reports from the following links:
Our Privacy Statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.