1-5 Angus Street
London SE14 6LU
How we can help
Call us any time, day or night or email us.
We train and support volunteer Listeners in Belmarsh, ISIS and Thameside in Woolwich.
We deliver assembly talks to schools.
We've been supporting our local community since 1969, working towards a world where fewer people die by suicide
Update March 2020
- Due to current events we are currently stopping our outreach, recruitment and selection events and not taking face-to-face callers. We continue to prioritise responding to calls. Thank you to everyone for your continued support.
How we help
- Providing emotional support on the phone and by email for anyone who is struggling to cope including those who have thoughts of suicide.
- Being available to over 900,000 people in our three London boroughs of Lewisham, Southwark and Greenwich.
- Reaching out to high risk groups and communities to reduce the risk of suicide through work with St Mungo’s and the 999 Club.
- Working in partnership with organisations, agencies and experts such as Oxleas and South London and Maudsley A&E Mental Health Team Partnerships.
See our latest annual report for 2017-18 (PDF).
How you can help us
- Donate through our Just Giving page.
- Set up a standing order (PDF) to donate regularly.
- Join our team - apply to be our new Community Outreach Manager.
- Follow @lgssamaritans to keep up-to-date with what we're doing and share our message on Twitter.
- Hire our rooms for a meeting, conference or course - all proceeds go back into supporting our work. Email us for more info.
- Download our sponsorship form (PDF) to help raise funds to support our work.
Thank you to all our supporters and grant givers.
Our privacy statement
At Samaritans, privacy is at the heart of what we do. We are committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that we hold. Read our privacy statement here.