Samaritans Ennis and Clare Volunteer Recruitment
Every day, Samaritans volunteers respond to around 10,000 calls for help. Every day we can help someone turn their life around. As a listening volunteer you get the chance to make a real difference to someone’s future.
What's it like being a Samaritan volunteer?
- It’s always different and always interesting – no two conversations are the same.
- It feels like a privilege to have people confiding in you.
- You’re never on your own, and there’s a fun, supportive atmosphere in our branches.
- You can offer support on the phone and by email
- You can take a break between conversations whenever you need to.
- Spending a few hours helping other people can make you feel good about yourself.
How much time do I need to give?
Listening volunteers typically do one shift of about 3 hours a week - Our Ennis branch is open 7 days a week.