We are very proud of our thriving charity shop, through which we raise much of the money Brent Samaritans needs to maintain the service we provide to our callers. We think it's one of the best little charity shops in London!
Welcome to Willesden's Aladdin's cave!
- The Sainsbury's Local opposite Willesden Green tube station has again adopted our shop as its Charity of the Year. If you run a business and would be interested in forming a partnership with us, we would love to hear from you.
- If you have IT experience or know about selling on the internet, you might be able to help us with online selling. We also need lots of help sorting and cataloguing our growing library of books donated for resale. Call 020 8830 0034 to find out more.
We are currently looking for:
CHARITY SHOP ASSISTANT MANAGER
The Assistant Manager is responsible to the Shop Manager. The shop is overseen by Brent Samaritans Shop Sub-committee, which is a part of the Board of Trustees.
Hours of work: 35 per week including weekends, flexible rota
Helping to manage the day-to-day running of the shop, with particular emphasis on:
• Optimising sales
• Managing and training shop volunteers
• General office administration as directed by the Manager
• Ensuring shop policies and procedures are understood and adhered to
• Implementing Gift Aid scheme
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Helping to ensure the shop meets agreed sales targets
• Initiating marketing campaigns and sales promotions
• Ensuring all volunteers maintain the highest standards of customer care
• Receiving, sorting and pricing donated goods
• Signing up donors for Gift Aid scheme
• Ensuring goods for sale are displayed effectively and attractively.
Volunteer management and training
• Recruiting, training, organising and supervising the team of shop volunteers
Customers and donors
• Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with both customers and donors
• Applying Trading Standards regulations in the shop and ensuring all volunteers are
aware of them
• Operating the till and undertaking end-of-day reconciliation. Ensuring that ALL monies are properly handled and accounted for
• Setting and maintaining rotas to ensure the shop is adequately staffed at all times
• Ensuring all petty cash transactions are recorded accurately
Premises management and security
• Ensuring all areas of the shop are clean and tidy at all times and all equipment is kept in good working order
• Conforming to procedures and policies as a key-holder
• Ensuring that all security procedures, including those for the personal safety of staff
and volunteers, are understood and implemented
Health and safety
• Ensuring that all Health and Safety regulations and procedures are understood and
implemented by staff and volunteers
• Carrying out all reasonable additional duties deemed appropriate by the Manager
• Responsibility for opening and shutting the shop when appropriate
• Taking full responsibility for the running of the shop in the Manager’s absence
• An awareness of the work and objectives of the Samaritans charity, and ensuring that
Brent Samaritans is promoted positively at all times in the shop
• A full understanding and commitment to all Brent Samaritans policies, including our •
Equality and Diversity policy
This job description is not exhaustive; you may be required from time to time to undertake other duties as required by the Manager to support the overall objectives of the charity.