What will I be doing?
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving or referring on any hardware/ software faults as appropriate
- Providing support to all volunteers where needed, including procedural documentation
- Supporting the roll-out of new hardware or software, including Samaritans Connect caller contact system
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Liaising with General Office about any continuing IT problems if continuing IT problems in the branch would result in prolonged loss of service
And in return?
You will receive access to a thorough training programme, and be given the chance to contribute and share your existing skills. On top of your IT skills, you will develop new listening and communication skills you can use in all aspects of your life. You will improve your CV as well as give something back to your local community and change peoples’ lives.
If you are interested in applying or have any questions about the role, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org