#digitalfutures Tweetchat, Tuesday 26 May at 1pm
Samaritans is hosting a Tweetchat to support its Digital Futures project on Tuesday 26th May at 1pm.
What is Digital Futures?
Digital Futures is a new public consultation launched by Samaritans to help determine the future of our online services. We'd like to know:
- What people think about the threats and opportunities for suicide prevention presented by the online environment;
- What people think about how Samaritans could address these; and
- If there is anything people think we are missing in terms of areas for future development, challenges we could be addressing or different ways we could be working.
The key topics for Tuesday's Tweetchat will discuss how people use the internet when looking for support when they're struggling to cope. We also hope to cover issues around harmful content and the kind of services people would like to see in the online environment.
The hashtag for this event is #digitalfutures.
What is a Tweetchat?
Tweetchats, sometimes known as Twitter chats, take place when a group of people join a discussion about the same topic on Twitter using a specific hashtag. This allows other Twitter users to follow or join the conversation and share content relating to it with their followers.
Tuesday, 1-2pm, 26 May 2015
The hashtag for this event is #digitalfutures. Click the link, or follow the embed below, to join the conversation.
You will need a Twitter account to join the #digitalfutures Tweetchat. If you'd don't already have one, you can sign up here. You can take part in the chat by searching for #digitalfutures on Twitter or by viewing the Twitter embed below. You can also get involved using the the Twitter mobile or tablet app, or through social media management tools, such as Tweetdeck or Hootsuite.
At the Tweetchat
Our Tweetchat will last an hour and Samaritans will start by introducing our topics and providing an overview of the discussion. We have lots of questions we'd like to ask and we hope to hear a lot from you!
You can participate in the discussion by asking questions and sharing your thoughts and ideas. To do this, tweet your question or comments during the Tweetchat using the twitter handle @samaritans and hashtag #digitalfutures.
We will try to answer everyone’s questions during the allotted time, but this may not be possible. If we are unable to respond to your question during the Tweetchat, we will do our best to respond afterwards, or you can follow up with us by emailing the team.
Remember: always include the #digitalfutures hashtag so that everyone in the conversation can read your tweet.
Things to remember
- Always stay on topic
- Don’t use #digitalfutures unless your tweet is related to our Tweetchat topic
- If you respond to someone in the Tweetchat or ask a question, always use #digitalfutures so that everyone can be involved in the conversation
- You can share tweets from within the discussion with your network by retweeting comments
- Let your followers know you’ll be participating in Samaritans’ Tweetchat so they can join the discussion!
- Please don’t use our Tweetchat to promote your own products or services
- Please be sensitive and courteous to others whilst participating in Samaritans’ Tweetchat. Remember that your comments are being published on a public domain and will be accessible by anyone online
After the Tweetchat
After the event, we will be publishing the transcript of our Tweetchat on Samaritans’ website and sharing details via Facebook and Twitter so that people who were unable to attend can still provide their thoughts and feedback.