What do we offer?
- At Samaritans Limerick & Tipperary, we are here to help with emotional support for anyone experiencing feelings of despair or distress. We provide a safe space for you to express how you’re feeling, and all conversations are kept private. Whatever may be troubling you – you can phone us – we are able to answer 24/7. If you would prefer to meet with someone face-to-face, our branch is open from 9:00AM – 10:00PM every day of the year.
How can I get in contact with Samaritans Limerick & Tipperary?
- You can call us on the National telephone: 116 123 (this number is free to call) or 061 412111 (local call charges apply). Visitors are also welcome to our centre on 20 Barrington St. Limerick 365 days a year. You don’t need to book an appointment – and the service is free of charge.
- As well as answering phone calls and spending time with people who call in, we also work with schools, the local prison, third level institutions and other organisations so that more people can be made aware of and avail of Samaritans support
How Do I Volunteer?
If you are interested in volunteering with Limerick Samaritans you can register your interest here >
Information sessions calendar - Spring 2018
Come along to our branch for one of our new volunteer information sessions and find out more about us and how to become a volunteer
Samaritans, 20, Barrington St, Limerick.
Monday March 12th 7:30pm
- If you have any questions about volunteering, email Aidan at email@example.com, or call 085 164 7495
Training dates and times
– please make sure that you can attend ALL of these!
Saturday, 7 April 2018 10am -4pm
Monday, 9 April 2018 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Monday, 16 April 2018 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Monday, 23 April 2018 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Monday, 30 April 2018 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Tuesday, 8 May 2018 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Monday, 14 May 2018 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Saturday, 19 May 2018 10am -4pm
Attendance at each of the training sessions is obligatory.
Please DO NOT apply if you already know that you will miss a training date.