About Rochdale, Oldham & District Samaritans
Rochdale Oldham and District Samaritans took its first call on 1st March 1967. The service is needed as much today as it was all those years ago, as a listening ear for our local community, with ordinary people supporting those struggling to cope, round the clock, every single day of the year.
f you would like to talk to us off the record about how you're feeling, and would like emotional support please call our helpline on 01706 868686 (standard charges apply) or Freephone 116 123 or email email@example.com or text to 07725 909090. The local areas our branch supports are:
Volunteering in our Branch
As a branch we are always looking for support locally so that we can be there, providing a safe place for people to be themselves and talk to us off the record about whatever is getting to them.
Being a volunteer can help change lives and we are always looking for people to help us provide this vital listening service. Why not pop along to an information session to learn more about becoming a volunteer, what we do and ways you could help?
There are so many ways you could help raise vital Funds for our Branch
Not everyone wants to be a listening volunteer, but there are so many ways to support Samaritans such as administration, fundraising or helping to look after the building. There is something for everyone. You can help raise money by downloading the fundraising tools at Give as you live and Easyfundraising, where you shop on line, then turn your cash reward from the retailer into a donation. Did you know you can also donate by text?
Interested in Sponsorship of our branch?
As a possible sponsor you may like to consider one or more of the following:
- £21.90 would sponsor a call (in blocks of 10)
- £30 would provide SMS/email training for 1 volunteer
- £50 would train 1 volunteer to be a Samaritan (this could be a volunteer from your organisation)
- £40 would provide on-going training for 1 volunteer
- £75 is the cost of running our branch for 1 day, why not sponsor our branch for one day - this could be a day that is significant yo you or your organisation, i.e. birthday, anniversary, etc
- £150 would significantly help us with advertising to raise awareness and/or help us recruit more volunteers
- £350 would pay for 1 of our telephone lines per quarter - would you like to sponsor 1 telephone line for a quarter
- £500 would help us raise awareness with advertising and publicity to high risk groups of the local community
For further details, please contact our fundraising officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
In anticipation, thank you for your interest.
Did you know you could raise vital funds for our branch as well as protecting the environment!
Why not recycle your inkjet cartridges or mobile phones and raise much needed funds for our branch click on this link to help us http://www.recycle4charity.co.uk/Register/C77295
Our work in HMP Buckley Hall
Rochdale, Oldham & District Samaritans supports prisoners at HMP Buckley Hall through a Listener Scheme. The Listener Scheme is a peer support scheme whereby we select, train and support prisoners to offer confidential emotional support to their fellow inmates.
Would you like one of our Speakers to come and talk to you?
If you are a teacher at a school, or a member of a club or society we would be delighted to come and talk to you about the work Samaritans do.
Local Action Saves Lives Campaign
We are calling on everyone who cares about preventing suicide to step up and ask for action in their own communities by emailing their councillors. It really so easy, all you need to do is enter your contact details on Samaritans website https://goo.gl/qZA3uj and we will tell you who your councillor is and we even provide suggested text for you.