6 things you’ll learn from our training
- How to handle difficult conversations with a range of customers and service users
- How to handle emotionally challenging situations
- The most appropriate responses to sensitive subjects
- How to sensitively 'signpost’ to other services and agencies
- How to build and maintain personal resilience
- How to end conversations effectively and professionally
We have been training staff in the UK and Republic of Ireland for the last 10 years in simple and effective tools and techniques, to equip employees with the skills and confidence they need to handle emotional situations.
These skills are useful because while employees can often feel sufficiently trained in the practicalities of their job role, many feel ill-prepared for the emotional challenges that come alongside it, such as dealing with difficult customers and staff conversations.
I want to thank you for the course you delivered to us yesterday. Your style of presentation, ability to empathise and depth of honesty made the experience unique to every single delegate. This taught me so much about myself, and gave me an insight into a deeper understanding of people who behave in a different manner from me.
There is ample scope within our programmes to customise them to meet your organisations needs. Our trainers will be pleased to discuss your requirements with you.
Our staff training doesn't turn delegates into qualified counsellors and we do not seek to recruit volunteers; it gives people the tools to provide emotional first aid to customers, their colleagues and themselves.
The staff training we have undertaken with Samaritans helped ensure our staff are equipped to engage with customers in a sensitive and compassionate way.
They have also helped our staff to develop the emotional skills to cope with the personal stress of handling such emotive calls on a daily basis.
Phillips & Cohen Associate (UK) Ltd.
Why choose Samaritans Training?
- Over 60 years’ experience – You'll benefit from Samaritans' 60 years' experience, supporting others.
- Professional and credible – voted one of the top 20 charities most trusted by the general public by The Third Sector Charity Brand Index 2010.
- Proceeds go to Samaritans' service – your money is reinvested to help us support the 5 million calls we receive a year.