Providing local support - the Step by Step response service
Step by Step is a Samaritans service that provides advice and practical guidance to help schools prepare for, and deal with, the repercussions of suicide or attempted suicide in ways which avoid inadvertently promoting suicidal feelings.
The aim of Step by Step is to:
- ensure school communities are equipped to respond effectively to an attempted or completed suicide
- enable the school community to recover
- prevent the formation of suicide clusters
The service is offered by specialist volunteers, called Postvention Advisors, who offer practical support, guidance and information on addressing the impact of suicide on the school community.
These volunteers are:
- trained volunteers from our existing Samaritans local network
- offer practical support, guidance and information on addressing the impact of suicide on the school community
- able to work proactively with schools and local authorities and other appropriate agencies to prevent suicides
If your school has been affected by an attempted or completed suicide, please contact us to discuss how we can support you.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0808 168 2528*
*Calls are free from landlines and some mobile providers