The Upper Mill is thought to be one of the two mills mentioned in the Domesday book, where it is valued at 5 shillings!
History of the Upper Mill dates back to the 1800s when it was run by the Hall family - one of the first account holders of the Bank of England. During this time, the Mill was rumoured to have hosted King William IV, who dropped by when he was visiting his mistress, Mrs Jordan, who lived close by.
The building was last used as a working mill in May 1953 and was once owned by actor Oliver Reed before being renovated to offices in the 1980s.
Today, the Upper Mill is home to around 90 staff who provide support to the 201 branches of Samaritans across the UK and Ireland.