Our branch has around 125 listening and support volunteers. As well as contact by phone and email, we are open for callers to visit us in Colchester every day (see times above).
Currently we are actively looking for 'night owl' volunteers, to help cover part of our busiest times between 10pm and 8am. Click here to read about our campaign for more night-time volunteers.
Volunteers range from early twenties to people in their eighties. We hold regular information evenings for anyone hoping to become a listening or support volunteer.
Last year Colchester Samaritans responded to 30,442 contacts from callers.
The full name of our branch – Samaritans of Colchester, Tendring and Suffolk Borders – describes the 'CO' postcode area we serve.
- How to find us
- National Walk 2017 - hosted by Colchester Samaritans
- About volunteering in Colchester and our information evenings
- Colchester Samaritans in the community
- Celebrating 50 years of listening in Colchester
- A brief history of Colchester Samaritans
- Different ways to donate to Colchester Samaritans
- Our Annual Review
- Hire our Hall
- Monthly Book Fairs in aid of Colchester Samaritans
- See all our current News items
Reg. charity 249036 - Samaritans of Colchester, Tendring and Suffolk Borders