Our branch has around 125 listening and support volunteers. As well as contact by phone and email, we are open for callers to visit us in Colchester every day (see times above).
Volunteers range from early twenties to people in their eighties. We hold regular information evenings for anyone hoping to become a listening or support volunteer.
Last year Colchester Samaritans responded to 29,236 contacts from callers. The full name of our branch – Samaritans of Colchester, Tendring and Suffolk Borders – describes the 'CO' postcode area we serve.
- How to find us
- About volunteering in Colchester and our information evenings
- Colchester Samaritans in the community
- Celebrating 50 years of listening in Colchester
- A brief history of Colchester Samaritans
- Different ways to donate to Colchester Samaritans
- Our Annual Review
- Hire our Hall
- Monthly Book Fairs in aid of Colchester Samaritans
- See all our current News items
Reg. charity 249036 - Samaritans of Colchester, Tendring and Suffolk Borders