We rely on donations to keep our branch operating. It costs £1250 a week to keep our branch open and we don't receive government grants, hence the need for fundraising events.
Many of these events are organised by the Friends of Samaritans of Bournemouth and District. Read their latest newsletter here.
There are a range of fundraising opportunities available and we're always keen to hear from volunteers who'd like to organise an event on our behalf. Some of the ways in which you can help fund our work are:
- Cake sales
- Work dress-down days
- Sponsored sporting activities, such as walks or cycle events
What comes next? Dates for your diaries:
- Friday 21st April 2017: Quiz at St Ambrose Church Hall, Westbourne
- Saturday 10 June 2017: Wimborne Folk Festival Charity Fair
- Saturday 19 August 2017: Cream Teas at Sturminster Marshall
- Sunday 20 August 2017: Cream teas at Sturminster Marshall
- Sunday 8 October 2017: Bournemouth Marathon (participation of Sue Tipping, Chair of Friends of Samaritans of Bournemouth and District)
Tin rattling dates:
- Saturday 3 June 2017 at Haskins Garden Centre, Longham, Ferndown BH22 9DJ
- Sunday 4 June 2017 at Haskins Garden Centre, Longham, Ferndown BH22 9DJ
- Friday 16 June 2017 at Haskins Garden Centre, Longham, Ferndown BH22 9DJ
- Saturday 24 June 2017 at Haskins Garden Centre, Longham, Ferndown BH22 9DJ
- Suday 25 June 2017 at Haskins Garden Centre, Longham, Ferndown BH22 9DJ
Our volunteers take part in many fundraising events, as you can see from the photo of Ruby and her daughter, Laura, below. This was taken at a local fashion show, which raised £700 for Bournemouth and District Samaritans.
Highcliffe Castle Charity Fair
The Fair takes place every year and Samaritans of Bournemouth and District always has a stand.
Members of the Friends committee who staffed the table from 11am - 4pm.
Karen, Lesley, Maria, Sian and Erica.
If you'd like to organise a fundraising event, please get in touch!
01202 551 999