It’s important that these guidelines are accessible to all media across Wales and I’m delighted that we have this bilingual version.
Samaritans Executive Director for Wales
On average, over 300 people take their own lives by suicide each year across Wales.
Research shows that inappropriate reporting of suicide may lead to imitational behaviour.
They provide practical recommendations for reporting suicide across all media.
We have also produced a series of supplementary factsheets:
- Working with bereaved families in the aftermath of a suicide (pdf)
- Reporting rail suicides and attempts (pdf)
- Best practice for broadcast reporting of suicide (pdf)
- Drama portrayals of suicide (pdf)
- Reporting murder-suicides (pdf)
- Best practice for reporting on suicide using digital media (pdf)
- 10 things to remember when reporting suicide - a summary of the key points (pdf)
- Gweithio gyda theuluoedd sydd wedi cael profedigaeth ar ôl hunanladdiad (PDF)
- Adrodd am hunanladdiadau ar y rheilffordd (PDF)
- Arferion gorau i ddarlledwyr wrth adrodd am hunanladdiad (PDF)
- Arferion gorau ar gyfer portreadau hunanladdiad mewn dramâu (PDF)
- Llofruddiaeth-Hunanladdiad (PDF)
- Cyfryngau Digidol (PDF)