Lake District Challenge 2022
Join #TeamSamaritans in the Lake District Challenge and take on England's finest countryside! Choose from 28km, 49km and 100km distances, trekking at your pace through stunning scenery.
How Samaritans will support you
- Regular email updates and support from the Samaritans Events Team
- Receive awareness raising and fundraising materials
- Your own Samaritans t-shirt to wear with pride on the day
- Supporter t-shirts and cheering materials
- Official finisher's t-shirt and medal
Why Samaritans need your support
We know that life can sometimes be incredibly tough. Thanks to the dedication of more than 20,000 volunteers, Samaritans can be there for anyone, whatever they are going through and whenever they are struggling to cope. We’re also at the heart of local communities, working with schools, workplaces, railways, prisons and hospitals to offer training and support, preventing suicide and helping people turn their lives around.
Our life-saving work wouldn’t be possible without the extraordinary generosity of our event participants.
About the challenge
Join as an individual or team for the Lake District Challenge, taking place on the weekend of Saturday 11 - Sunday 12 June. This challenge takes adventurers through the stunning countryside of the Lake District National Park. Suitable for a range of abilities whether you walk, jog or run it – you'll be well supported from start to finish with rest stops and snacks to keep you going!
You'll set off from the Challenge Base Camp in Kendal. The looped routes begin with a couple of tough hills in Ambleside, before trekking on to the stunning Lake Windermere, forests, and nature reserves. Be prepared for some amazing views before a huge welcome and celebration back at Base Camp after a momentous journey!
Lake District Challenge is organised by our event partners, Action Challenge. Find out more about the event here.
Choose a fundraising target that suits you:
- Charity Sponsorship: Pay a small registration fee and fundraise to a higher target. Get 25% off your registration fee - just use discount code SAMARITANS when signing up.
- Mixed Funding: Pay a higher registration fee and fundraise to a lower target.
- Self Funding: Pay the full cost of the event and fundraise to a target of your choice - just raise a much as you can! If you are already signed up, please complete our own place registration here to join #TeamSamaritans.
The challenge was fantastic, so well organised and such a great atmosphere. As I signed for the challenge on my own it was lovely to walk with so many people along the route, sharing stories of why we were there. Brilliant support from Samaritans from the start!
Team Samaritans 2021 participant