It’s time to get your festive fundraising cap on. Do it your way or give one of our ideas a go.
Ready to sign up and fundraise for Samaritans?
Do your own Christmas thing, your way
For inspiration, here are a few ideas to get you in the festive spirit:
- Add a Christmas quiz or raffle to your Christmas party celebrations!
- Donate £5 to Samaritans instead of giving a Secret Santa gift.
- Get crafty this December with a Christmas cracker, tree decoration and bauble making session.
- Get your own Christmas jumper day going and ask everyone to donate to take part!
- Have a festive themed bake sale - think mince pies, yule logs and Christmas cake.
- Forget Christmas cards, suggest your company saves the trees and donates to us instead.
- Sing for Samaritans. Get your singers together; book a date & location, get permission; rehearse your carols repertoire; belt out the tunes and collect money.
Denis' Christmas fundraiser
Our Christmas appeal
Every time we answer a call this Christmas, we’ll hear someone’s story. It could be someone who’s struggling, someone who’s lonely or someone who just feels desperately lost. By supporting Samaritans, you can help us be there to listen when someone contacts us for help. With your support, we can help change someone’s story for the better this Christmas.
Be part of the story this Christmas. Find out about Sophie and Bob's stories and how to get involved here.
Why we need your support this Christmas
- We responded to 10,652 calls for help on Christmas Day last year.
- 1,479 volunteers gave up their time to respond to calls on Christmas Day – while 1,648 volunteers were on duty on Christmas Eve.
- Isolation and loneliness are a real issue over the festive period – many people feel they have no one to turn to