Scottish Half Marathon 2019
Starting outside Edinburgh, you'll run along the magnificent East Lothian Golf Coast before finishing in the final furlong at Musselburgh Racecourse, Scotland's oldest racecourse.
How Samaritans will support you
- A post-race celebration, including a complimentary massage
- Personalised running vest
- A dedicated point of contact throughout your entire journey
- Regular e-newsletters
- Encouragement from our Team Samaritans cheer squads along the route
- Help and support from the press team in sharing your story
- Supporter t-shirts and cheering merchandise
- Access to fundraising and awareness raising materials
- A certificate to mark your fundraising achievements
Why Samaritans need your support
We know that life can sometimes be incredibly tough. Thanks to the dedication of more than 20,000 volunteers, Samaritans can be there for anyone, whatever they are going through and whenever they are struggling to cope. We’re also at the heart of local communities, working with schools, workplaces, railways, prisons and hospitals to offer training and support, preventing suicide and helping people turn their lives around.
Our life-saving work wouldn’t be possible without the extraordinary generosity of our event participants.
The route is flat and rapid - if you want to set a personal best for a half marathon or if you're a first time runner, this is the perfect event for you!
Incredible support from start to finish!
Team Samaritans Participant 2018