London Marathon 2020
The Virgin Money London Marathon has the most incredible atmosphere, with thousands of people cheering the runners through the streets of London!
How Samaritans will support you
- An exclusive post-marathon party, including a shower and massage
- Personalised running vest
- A dedicated point of contact throughout your entire journey
- Regular e-newsletters
- Launch party at our largest working branch
- Encouragement from our Team Samaritans cheer squads along the route
- Help and support from the press team in sharing your story
- Supporter t-shirts and cheering merchandise
- Samaritans social events
- Access to fundraising and awareness raising materials
- A Facebook page where you can chat with other Team Samaritans runners
- A certificate to mark your fundraising achievements
Why Samaritans need your support
We know that life can sometimes be incredibly tough. Thanks to the dedication of more than 20,000 volunteers, Samaritans can be there for anyone, whatever they are going through and whenever they are struggling to cope. We’re also at the heart of local communities, working with schools, workplaces, railways, prisons and hospitals to offer training and support, preventing suicide and helping people turn their lives around.
Our life-saving work wouldn’t be possible without the extraordinary generosity of our event participants.
I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful and ongoing support from the minute I applied for a place running the London Marathon for the Samaritans, to the end of the day itself. Throughout all of this, your support and encouragement was amazing.
London Marathon Runner 2018