Press release: Get involved with Graham Norton
Graham Norton is one of the celebrities backing Samaritans’ Feel Good Friday, encouraging people at work to get involved in the fundraising day, taking place on Friday 1 February 2013.
Sponsored by healthcare provider Simplyhealth for the second consecutive year, Feel Good Friday aims to get companies to take part in ‘feel good’ themed activities, in return for a donation to Samaritans, the helpline charity for people struggling to cope.
Graham Norton said: “When I'm having a bad day I go running with my dogs to perk myself up. It's important to feel good at work, especially in my job!
“Feel Good Friday is the perfect excuse to have a laugh at work without feeling guilty! It's easy to get involved, why not offer office massages in return for a donation?! Come on, get on board and help raise vital funds for Samaritans."
To kick-start the events and get people in the feel-good mood, Samaritans has launched Guess the Giggle – a competition involving Graham Norton, and celebrity supporters Linda Nolan, Alesha Dixon, Craig Revel Horwood, June Sarpong and Claudia Winkleman. Participants who play the game on the Feel Good Friday website can win dinner for two with Samaritans’ celebrity ambassador, Linda Nolan.
Mark Day from Simplyhealth said: “This is the second year that we have been involved in Feel Good Friday. The day is all about doing something fun and that makes you feel good. This year comedy is the main focus and we hope that every one gets involved by organising their own event, to help to raise money for a great cause. Why not start by guessing the celebratory giggle on the Feel Good Friday website.”
Download a fundraising pack from www.feelgoodfriday.org for ideas and support with organising your own ‘feel good’ fundraiser. The pack includes a range of feel good ideas, which range from hosting a comedy night, to sponsoring colleagues to do something funny – like wearing slippers to work.
Be part of the ultimate Feel Good Friday by logging on to www.feelgoodfriday.org and help Samaritans’ 20,665 volunteers answer more calls from people struggling to cope.
– ENDS –
For more information about the work of Samaritans, please contact Samaritans’ press office: on 020 8394 8300 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Samaritans’ vision is that fewer people die by suicide. People contact Samaritans when they are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to. More than 20,000 Samaritans’ volunteers are available round the clock, every day of the year. The helpline provides a safe place to talk and all conversations are private.
- To contact Samaritans call 116 123, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.samaritans.org to find your nearest branch.
- We became Simplyhealth in 2009 after bringing together HSA, BCWA, LHF, HealthSure, Totally Active, our family of health companies have joined together over the last ten years to form Simplyhealth
- In December 2011, we acquired Denplan Limited, the UK's leading dental payment plan specialist
- We’ve been providing healthcare solutions for 140 years, dedicated to serving our customers and patients through a variety of cash plans, dental plans, private medical insurance, self funded health plans and mobility and living aids
- Simplyhealth is a trading name of Simplyhealth Access, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
- Simplyhealth as it stands today, now covers nearly four million people with health plans (more than any other company) and helps 20,000 companies with their employees’ health
- Simplyhealth is committed to making a positive impact on its communities. Each year, we donate over £1 million to health related charities and causes