Support The Big Listen!
Spread the word about the campaign and help us save lives by sharing on social media - with the chance to win great prizes!
Become a better listener with our five SHUSH listening tips.
Check out our feelgood Spotify playlist, full of songs people have told us help them feel better when they're feeling low.
About The Big Listen
The Big Listen is all about raising awareness and funds to keep Samaritans running. Suicide is not inevitable, it’s preventable, and our volunteers are there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to support people that feel like they have nowhere to turn.
We answer a call for help every six seconds - and you can help us be there to answer the next one.
It costs £5 for every call we take - to recruit, train and supporting our volunteers, run the 201 branches where they’re based, and help promote our services so that we’re there to listen in confidence 24/7, for free.
Support The Big Listen now
There are lots of different ways you can help us be there for anyone who needs us, and as July approaches, we'll be adding to our list so that there'll really be something for everyone.
- Donate now - just £5 covers the cost of us answering a call for help
- Take on a challenge for us! Run, pedal, walk or swim your way to glory with our challenge events
- Get sponsored to dye your hair, or your beard if you have one, green!
- Bake 24 cakes and sell them to your friends, colleagues and family to raise money for us
- Don't like the look of our challenges? Create your own event and we'll support you all the way
- Spend £24 in a Samaritans charity shop - find your nearest Samaritans shop here
- Or pick up a bargain in the Samaritans eBay shop!
- Give up something you really enjoy for 24 hours
- Sing your heart out with Sing for Samaritans
- Become a better listener with our SHUSH listening tips
- Check out our Spotify playlist, full of songs that people say cheer them up when they're feeling low
- Have a friend in need? Show them some support and lend them a listening ear
- Find out how you can support your colleages when they're struggling with our Wellbeing in the City learning tool
- Feeling inspired? Find out more about becoming a volunteer
- Read some stories about how we've helped support people through their darkest times
- And find out what it's like for our volunteers who support them
- Think everyone in your workplace should know a bit more about Samaritans? Sign up for workplace training
- Watch our campaign video and find out what it's like to be a Samaritans volunteer (launches 24 July)
- Snap a selfie or a photo with your friends using our Facebook and Instagram camera filters (launches 24 July)
- Join the conversation on social using #TheBigListen
- Wear green fancy dress and share your photo using #TheBigListen
- Follow us on social media (if you don't already!) @samaritans on Twitter and @samaritanscharity on Facebook and Instagram
- Sign up to our monthly email newsletter to find out what we're up to across the UK and Ireland
- Think things need to change? Get involved with our campaigning work
How can I help spread the word?
Your support can help make The Big Listen a great success. Spread the word using the #TheBigListen, share our posts, tweets and videos, and tell your friends and family about this inspiring day where anyone can make a difference.
Do you want to make an even bigger impact? Sign up to be a Social Champion.
Need some support?
You can talk to us, any time, for free, on 116 123, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.