Supporter Care Officer
35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Salary £25,000 per annum + Competitive Benefits
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, confident and motivated individual to join our team as a Supporter Care Officer. This role is responsible for engaging with our supporters and members of the public and processing donations and queries received across different touchpoints.
Now is a really exciting time to join us with ambitious plans and additional investment.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
About the role/person
The Supporter Care Officer will be responsible for:
- Communicating effectively to supporters and members of the public using various methods of communication, including social media
- Ensuring that the capturing of data, processing of donations, handling complaints and answering of queries is completed thoroughly and accurately on our CRM database, maximising the supporter experience
- Effectively managing enquiries received via phone, post and email in line with agreed standards
- Enhancing the supporter experience by delivering excellent supporter care, building supporter engagement and implementing on-going supporter feedback
- Providing an excellent standard of administration support across the team
With excellent communication skills, the successful postholder will develop effective working relationships across the Income and Finance department, working as part of a friendly team.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon.
As an employer, we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9.00am on 5th November 2018. 1st interviews will take place on 13th November 2018; 2nd interviews are scheduled for 20 November 2018.